Weirdest robotic application I have ever seen ....

9:05 PM Posted by Peter Turner

I was helping my son do an assignment on taste - he chose to do his assignment on the tongue. We needed a picture of the tongue, so I typed tongue into Google Image search.

I could hardly believe that I found Robotic Cow Tongues .... WTF, a linked image is shown below.


A robotic cow tongue - believe it or not ....

The actual article on robotic cow tongues was published in September 2007. These works of art were by Korean artist Doo Sung Yoo and were featured on the we make money not art web site, which has a section specially devoted to Robots.

Not so weird ....

Below is a picture of one of the featured robotic art works from the we make money not art web site - Artificial Curiosity by France Cadet exhibited at the numeriscausa gallery in France. A video of other pieces from this exhibit, with French narrative, is also available.

Gaude Mihi ('amuse me', 'entertain me'), image linked from here.

"As soon as the robot feels a presence it starts balancing itself. All the robot wants is to have fun without any consideration whatsoever for the entertainment of its owner, it rejects 'interactivity' (the presence of a proximity sensor is not enough to qualify the piece as really interactive) and participation, redefining in the process the roles of the toy and the player." (text from here)
  • Digg
  • del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Yahoo! Buzz
  • Technorati
  • Facebook
  • TwitThis
  • MySpace
  • LinkedIn
  • Live
  • Google
  • Reddit
  • Sphinn
  • Propeller
  • Slashdot
  • Netvibes